Forum Health Products Limited
Crown House, 2-8 Gloucester Road
Redhill, Surrey RH1 1FH
Telephone: +44 (0)1737 857700
1. The active ingredient in Colief® is lactase, an enzyme which occurs naturally within the body. The addition of Colief® Infant Drops to a baby's milk merely compensates for a possible lactase deficiency in the infant's digestive system. Colief® Infant Drops added to the baby's usual milk greatly reduce the level of lactose by breaking this down into glucose and galactose, before the baby is fed. Studies have shown that the hours of crying may be greatly reduced when baby's usual milk is treated with Colief®.
2. Read and follow the leaflet instructions in the pack carefully. Add Colief® Infant Drops to your baby's milk - do not give the drops to your baby directly.
3. Always follow the manufacturer's instructions when making-up formula milk.
4. Colief® is an enzyme and is destroyed by heat. It works best in milk that is warm (not hot or cold).
5. Once opened, keep Colief® refrigerated but do not allow to freeze. Discard three weeks after opening and do not use after the Best-Before date stated on the pack.
6. Colief® is approved by the Advisory Committee on Borderline Substances and may be prescribed by doctors on the NHS.
7. IF YOU HAVE ANY CONCERNS REGARDING YOUR BABY'S HEALTH, YOU SHOULD SEEK URGENT PROFESIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE.
WHERE TO BUY COLIEF® INFANT DROPS
Colief® is available from Boots, Lloyds, Co-op and Rowlands pharmacies, plus most major supermarket pharmacies, priced £11.99. Most independent pharmacies in the UK also sell Colief®.
Colief® can also be bought on-line at
Colief® Helpline: 0800 028 1187
Colief® Website: www.colief.com
The Colief® Helpline operates 08.30 – 22.30 Mon – Fri, and 09.00 – 17.00 Sat/Sun. At all other times, and on bank holidays, an answerphone operates and calls will be returned next working day.
Healthcare Professionals seeking further information should contact Forum Health as follows:
Tel: 01737 781410
The Forum Health office is open Monday - Friday 09.00 - 18.00. At all other times, and on bank holidays, an answerphone operates and calls will be returned next working day.
Colief® is a registered trademark of Crosscare Ltd, Broomhill Rd, Tallaght, Dublin 24
© Forum Health Products Limited 2009. All rights reserved. Unauthorised use or copying is not permitted. Site by Mark Cain Graphics